Triton® Gabions & Gabion Mats
- Designed for marine applications
- Alternative to conventional steel wire gabions
- Ideal for earth stabilization and erosion protection applications
- Made from select grades of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) resins
- Resistant to installation damage and chemical or biological long-term degradation
Triton® gabions offer a durable, non-corrosive and installation friendly alternative to conventional steel wire gabions - including those galvanized and PVC-coated. Triton gabion mats are available in prefabricated units or in unfabricated roll form. The mat dimensions (up to 13ft width and 164ft length) can be customized to limit waste and to increase installation productivity, while the grid aperture can be reduced to accommodate smaller stone infill and to reduce mat thickness. Lighter in weight than metallic mats, Triton gabion mats are easier and less costly to transport, handle, and install.
Triton gabions and gabion mats use BX1500, BX1600 and HDPE braid.