Uniaxial (UX) Geogrids
- Ideal for wall and slope applications
- Most advanced geosynthetic made for soil reinforcement
- Made from select grades of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) resins
- Highly oriented and resist elongation (creep) from high tensile loads
- Resistant to installation damage and chemical or biological long-term degradation
Tensar uniaxial (UX) geogrids can carry high tensile loads applied in one direction (along the roll length). Their open aperture structure interlocks with fill material to provide superior load transfer from the soil to the geogrid. Tensar UX geogrids achieve their strength by punching and drawing a homogenous polymer sheet to provide a uniform, consistent product that does not require weaving, coating, or welding to maintain the product's integrity. This unique process provides superior junction strength, allowing high strength connections to other rolls of geogrid or facing components.
Uniaxial geogrids come in six SKUs: UX 1100 MSE, UX 1400 MSE, UX 1500 MSE, UX 1600 MSE, UX 1700 MSE, and UX 1800 HS.