Industry Manager – Interlayers & Pavement Maintenance Systems
Reports to: Director of Vertical Markets
Responsibilities include development of the road maintenance sector including development of a sales strategy, management of sales revenues/profit margins, business development, product management, R&D, marketing, project lead identification and qualification, technical support, post-installation evaluation, performance monitoring, and the expansion of our network of distributors and preferred installers. Additionally, will make sales calls and technical presentations to contractors, public agencies, private consultants and other defined key accounts in the Western Hemisphere. Industry Manager will work alongside and in collaboration with the Sales management teams and industry associations to keep Tensar in a market leading position in this segment, to grow sales, and improve profitability.
- Develop and execute an annual business plan for the promotion and sale of Interlayers Systems to achieve annual margin budget.
- Assist and support the promotion and acceptance of Interlayers and Pavement Maintenance systems. Successfully implement bid strategies to close business throughout the sales cycle (preliminary and final design, bid, project award and construction phases).
- Train, coach, educate and provide technical support to distributors. Assist in driving sales revenue through exclusive and non-exclusive partners throughout the Western Hemisphere.
- Work closely with inside sales personnel to qualify and pursue project leads. Capture and update an inventory of projects in the Western Hemisphere using customer relationship management software.
- Work to increase awareness of interlayers in the Western Hemisphere: Identify and present where possible, or jointly exhibit with your distributors and installers at key conferences, exhibits and shows in the Western Hemisphere.
- Train, coach, and educate Tensar’s Western Hemisphere sales team. Work closely with the sales team to jointly conduct annual Tensar workshops where Interlayers are included in the program.
- Identify, establish and manage private sector key accounts to leverage TENSAR’s Interlayers product and service offering. This would include, but not limited to, installers, paving contractors, commercial/industrial development companies.
- Acquire and maintain the approval process for all interlayer system products with DOT and other agencies within the Western Hemisphere.
- Provide project site assessment, design assistance, pre-bid/post-bid actions (with contractors).
- Develop design tools to simplify the quantification of the benefits of using Tensar Interlayers.
- Coordinate and provide site installation services as required.
- Evaluate and report post-installation performance, monitoring of the Interlayers systems.
- Frequent collaboration with RSMs in the Western Hemisphere including business plan development, monthly reporting and team selling.
- Generate on a monthly basis sales forecast for manufacturing. Manage, update and track key projects in each marked sector (Transportation, private development, commercial development). Provide information to the Director of Vertical Markets on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate interaction between TENSAR Technology, Adfors and the client to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of Tensar solutions. Work in R&D of systems that will improve Tensar’s position in the market
- Five years work or sales experience in pavement/asphalt construction industry.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field. Asphalt knowledge is preferred.
- Two to five years of proven technical sales experience.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- 50%+ travel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to become a trusted business advisor with key business decision-makers. Demonstrated ability to close sales for a value-added product and systems.
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self- motivated. Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to blend strong technical skills with practical business intuition.
- Good administrative and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Attention to detail.
This position is located in the Western Hemisphere. Tensar Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace offering competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) Plan.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Tensar International Corporation
2500 Northwinds Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Fax: (770) 344-2089
Tensar International Corporation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
<--- Return to Main Careers Page