Reports to: Area Engineer
Responsibilities include project site support before, during and after construction, field validation of Tensar engineered solutions, assist Area Engineer with technical support and technical coordination along with promotion of engineered solutions to end-users and consultants.
- Represent Tensar on assigned jobsites during installation of a Tensar Engineered Solution. Ensure installation is being performed as designed and document progress. Submit daily progress reports.
- Attend pre-construction and progress meetings as assigned to represent Tensar’s best interests with all project stakeholders, including the contractor(s), owner or owner’s representative, and design / construction engineers.
- Conduct post-construction interviews with key stakeholders to ensure Tensar’s Engineered Solution met the objectives of the original design and is performing as expected. Collect feedback related to installation and associated construction and discover future opportunities. Submit feedback to Area Engineer and Regional Sales Manager.
- Provide project site assessment using dynamic cone penetrometer (DCP) and/or other methods to provide data for Tensar solutions.
- Assist Area Engineer with technical support for the sales team including using design software, writing reports and submittals.
- Support Area Engineer and Regional Sales Managers with execution of annual business plans as directed.
- Assist Area Engineer and Regional Sales Managers with all-systems seminars and design workshops.
- Promotion of Tensar Engineered Solutions to contractors, consultants, and public agencies as directed.
- Represent Tensar at industry tradeshows
- Two years of experience as a Civil Engineer, Project Manager or Field Technician
- BS in Civil Engineering preferred, BS or AD in Construction Management considered
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification with a path toward earning Professional (PE) license
- Strong communication and technical presentation skills
- 50% to 75% travel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to become a trusted business advisor with key business decision-makers.
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated. Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to blend strong technical skills with practical business intuition.
- Good administrative and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Attention to detail.
This position is located in the East Area. Tensar Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace offering competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) Plan.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Tensar International Corporation
2500 Northwinds Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Fax: (770) 344-2089
Tensar International Corporation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
<--- Return to Main Careers Page