ADD³® Capacity Improvement Systems
The environmental sector faces closer scrutiny over economic and environmental concerns than any other sector today. As available land for municipal and industrial waste facilities diminishes, the demand to maximize the capacity of existing sites increases. And as environmental regulations become more stringent, facility owners and operators face increasing pressure to do more with less, and to do it more securely, than ever before.
A pioneer in the vertical expansion of landfills, Tensar International has developed geogrid-based, mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) solutions for waste containment and management needs. These include facility expansion within permitted boundaries as well as landfill capping and closing. Altogether, these systems are designed to:
- Increase the capacity of existing waste containment facilities
- Extend facility life spans with greater profitability
- Reduce unit airspace and other operating costs
- Help facilities comply with regulations and reduce environmental risk
They achieve these goals by:
- Building safer and steeper slopes to reduce land requirements of perimeter berms and increase capacity of containment facilities
- Structurally supporting new landfills built on top of existing landfills, all within a permitted footprint
- Constructing landfills over marginal foundations
Our waste management systems have also been used to build or expand containment facilities for ash and tailing ponds, to reinforce foundations for heap leaching projects, and to construct higher berms designed to increase capacity and extend service life.