Used in nearly every sector, retaining walls adapt to challenging site conditions of every kind. Retaining walls are required for sites that feature difficult sloping terrain and where there is a need to maintain maximum developable area, or for locations requiring abrupt grade change, such as bridge abutments.
With their limited number of integrated components, Tensar International’s retaining wall systems are easier to stage and install, reduce construction time and costs and provide long-term durability, performance and structural integrity. In addition, Tensar retaining walls:
- Present a lower cost alternative to conventional retaining walls, including cast-in-place
- Are approved by most state DOTs
- Feature Tensar® Geogrids. Made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) material, geogrids allow the use of a variety of backfill materials, including recycled concrete, and are inert to chemical and electrical corrosion
- Incorporate a positive mechanical connection between wall face and reinforcement
- Provide a variety of wall face dimensions, colors, textures and finishes to satisfy project requirements and design specifications
- Are available as full service design and supply systems, including engineered drawings and site assistance